The focus of SuperHealth today is providing training. This is open to healthcare professionals (psychologists, medical community, nurses and counselors), yoga teachers and students and individuals in their personal development of self discovery. People who are vulnerable to addictive patterns may have spent their life looking outside of themselves for a quick fix. While it has become more common knowledge that the real answers lie within, to find suitable therapeutic tools and techniques continues to be a challenge both to the individual and healthcare provider. SuperHealth training provides a direct experience for the excellence of the self as well as practical tools to share with others.
Yogic Science to Break Habits & Addictive Behavior Weekend Trainings
A weekend training activity with the purpose of enabling the learner to access the alternative and complementary modality of yogic science, a body, mind and spirit philosophy, to achieve a healthier lifestyle and greater well-being for self; to integrate the practical application of yogic science into clinical treatment protocols for addiction services, addressing the whole person, physically, spiritually and mentally.
- The learner will be able to discuss the yogic perspective of the mind/body/spirit continuum in the SuperHealth Model of Healing Addictive Behaviors
- The learner will be able to integrate SuperHealth Model of Healing Addictive Behaviors into clinical treatment protocols as well as to enhance their personal life.
- The learner will be able to describe the historic perspectives of societal views and causes of addiction
- The learner will be able to integrate the daily use of yogic techniques, for practice and self-care.
- The learner will be able to discuss the impact of different substances on the brain, nervous & glandular system
- The learner will be able to identify the impact of nutrition and the use of a specific therapeutic healing diet during detoxification and the rehabilitation process for sustained healthy living
- The learner will be able to identify the components of the Science of Humanology.
- The learner will be able to discuss the triggers from past trauma in addiction and the recovery process.
- The learner will be able to discuss the development and psychology of addictive personalities and behaviors.
Yogic Science to Break Habits & Addictive Behavior: Specialty Professional Training
8 day Immersion Course with the purpose of enabling the learner to apply Yogic Science, which addresses spirit, mind, body and environment, to the treatment of addictive behavior in both personal care and professional treatment protocols. Participants will delve into content deeper than that of the weekend course, so that the participant is able to gain knowledge, skills and practical application of the Yogic Technology for complete integration in to their professional practice and personal wellbeing. While participating in this highly experiential activity, the learner will identify personal addictive behaviors, as well as learning how to introduce and duplicate the teaching to others in a professional setting.
- Develop a personal daily habit of mindfulness meditation.
- Develop trust through recognizing the similarity of emotional wounds experienced by others
- Discuss the History and philosophy of Yogic Science as it came to be applied to addictive behaviors
- Identify the impact of toxins and the body systems that assimilate and eliminate them
- Utilize the Detoxification and Rebuilding program to expedite the cleansing and elimination process
- Incorporate the practice of Kundalini Yoga as a technology for overcoming physiological and emotional challenges.
- Describe how the mental trauma & subconscious blocks can be relieved thru yogic technology
- Explain how the practice of Kundalini Yoga strengthens the nervous, glandular, circulatory and digestive systems
- Apply simple yoga movement with breathing exercises to release unexpressed anger and experience the body/mind connection
- Incorporate the “Brisk Walk with Mantra” technique to gain mental self-control.
Continuing Education Approvals:
- Nursing: Approval to award 12.16 CNE Contact Hours through September 8, 2018. AHNA Approval #1218
- Course meets the qualifications for 13.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CAMFT Provider# 131565.
- NAADAC for Addiction Professionals and Counselors (National Certification Commission). #103382 (13.5 CEUs)
- Physical Therapists are approved to receive 13.5 CEUs through the New Mexico Board of Physical Therapists.
- Yoga Alliance & IKYTA (International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association) both award 13.5 CEUs.
Specialty Professional Training (8 Day Immersion):
- Nursing: Approval to award 63.25 CNE Contact Hours through March 27, 2019. AHNA Approval #1249
- Course meets the qualifications for 48 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CAMFT Provider# 131565.
- NAADAC for Addiction Professionals and Counselors (National Certification Commission). #103382 (48 CEUs)
- Physical Therapists are approved to receive 48 CEUs through the New Mexico Board of Physical Therapists.
- Yoga Alliance & IKYTA (International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association) both award 48 CEUs.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval for contact hours through the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.
SuperHealth is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. SuperHealth maintains responsibility for these programs/courses and all of its content.