Meditation for the Negative Mind
- Sit with spine straight in a chair or cross-legged.
- Make a cup of the hands with both palms facing up. The right hand rests on top of the left hand. The right fingers cross over the left fingers.
- Place cup at the heart center. Elbows are relaxed at the sides.
- Eyes are slightly open and look down towards the hands.
- Inhale deeply through the nose. Exhale through rounded lips. You will feel the breath on your hands.
- As you inhale, allow unwanted desires and negative thoughts to enter your mind. As you exhale, completely let them go. Practice for 11 minutes to begin. Work up to 31 minutes per day.
- To end, inhale powerfully, exhale completely through the nose. Repeat this breath 3 to 5 times. Then relax completely.
This meditation helps to shield us from negativity. It clears the mind of unwanted, negative or fearful thoughts, protecting and promoting our well-being.