Self Blessing Meditation
- Sit with spine straight in a chair or cross-legged, eyes closed.
- Arch the right arm over the head, palm facing down 6 inches above the crown of the head.
- Raise the left forearm parallel to the ground. Bend the elbow so the hand is touching your chest, palm facing down.
- Repeat out loud in a monotone: “I bless myself, I bless myself, I bless myself. I am, I am.”
- Practice for 3 minutes.
- To end, inhale deeply, hold the breath and repeat the mantra mentally. Exhale.
- Repeat this sequence 2 more times. Relax.
This meditation frees us from guilt, blame, shame, resentment and bitterness. By blessing ourselves, God immediately and spontaneously blesses us.